We pride ourselves in creating an inviting atmosphere, full of pleasant and enthusiastic people. Our staff is amazing!
If you’d like to join our team, please come in and complete an application. We’re located at 241 N. Liberty in Lowell. (No phone calls, please.)
Application side 1. Application side 2.
Posted March 2022
Job description: Restaurant Manager
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. Restaurant manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability, and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations. We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences. You will have communication and organizational skills beyond others.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g., discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like Toast.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
This is a salaried 50-hour position…It requires days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Whatever is needed. You have call offs; you work unless you have others to pick up the shift. This is typical of all full-service restaurant managers.
Our establishment has a dining room, bar and 2 outside decks. We also cater in house and off site.
This is a permanent position; not looking for someone who doesn’t know what they want or has never been in this position previously. It is hard work!
You must be able to lead, instruct, mentor guide employees without an iron fist. NO DRAMA, YELLING OR DISRESPECTING EMPLOYEES. Be fair but firm…
Salary will be discussed after interview and reference checks.
Apply in person at 241 N. Liberty in Lowell.
Posted June of 2021
We are hiring for ALL POSITIONS. With our expanded patio seating, we need additional kitchen help, dishwashers, servers, hosts/hostesses and bartenders. Morning/dayshifts, evening shifts and weekend shifts are available. We open at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and close at 9 p.m. We open at 7 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and close at 10 p.m. On Sunday, we open at 7 a.m. and close at 9 p.m. Our restaurant and bar are BUSY! Customer service skills are a top priority!
Apply in person at 241 N. Liberty in Lowell, Tuesday through Sunday. (We’re closed on Mondays.) Find the application at https://themasonjarlowell.com/join-our-team/.
Posted May of 2021
The Mason Jar is preparing for summer—our busiest time of the year! Our wonderful outdoor patio, inviting dining room and cozy bar will be BUSIER THAN EVER! We’re looking for OUTSTANDING team players to serve as bartenders. We have an immediate need for weekend bartenders; applicants must be available to work Friday night from 4 to 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. Bartenders must be at least 21 years of age. Apply in-person at 241 N. Liberty in Lowell, Tuesday through Sunday. We have a great team—and we have fun while working hard and offering a great experience for our guests! No phone calls please.
Posted May of 2021:
We are preparing for spring/summer! That’s our busiest time of the year. In addition to our dining room and bar, we have amazing outdoor patio seating. We have a great menu and amazing food! We’re looking for OUTSTANDING team players to serve as dishwashers, hosts/hostesses, bussers and servers. Apply if you have open availability; our staff works weekends and holidays. Servers must be at least 21 years of age; all others must be at least 17 years old. If you are mature, hard-working and have problem-solving skills, apply in-person at 241 N. Liberty in Lowell, Tuesday through Sunday. We have a great team—and we have fun while working hard and offering a great experience for our guests! No phone calls please.